incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Andre Schnabel" <Andre.Schna...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:16:31 GMT
Hi,

> Von: Javier Sola <lists@khmeros.info>

> This product competes with another one whose main disadvantage is not
> having the name OpenOffice.org, and who is already producing working
> software, more advanced that this project at this time, and getting the
> favor of some distributions.

So - if the Apache project does not want to use the brand "OpenOffice.org",
maybe ask Oracle to hand it over to TDF instead.

Ok, just joking - I would not expect this to happen.

But anyway - everyone who would say "no" to the idea above, just have a
moment and think about why you would say "no". And then think about why
you should not change the brand.

regards,

André