incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: Population of ooo-security
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 18:48:05 GMT
--- On Fri, 7/29/11, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud@gmail.com> wrote:

> So let me use a analogy to illustrate why I though that was
> a sarcasm:
>
> to me, Rob's paragraph read as:
>
> The offer remain open: If any gay person want to marry, we
> will gladly recognize that marriage, as long as they marry
> someone of the opposite sex.

Religion is off topic here, but indeed you can't expect that
a specific church that defines marriage as the union between
a man and a woman to procreate will recognize same sex
unions as "marriages". No sarcasm there, just the rules.

> PS: why o why would signing an iCLA be a requirement to be
> a project security liaison ?

The ICLA covers two things that are essential for any
contribution: license and patents. It would be unacceptable
to accept security patches that could cause problems in
either topic.

> it's like asking that any ambassador be naturalized
> citizen of the country he is in post in.

Ambassadors only get notified of internal issues; they
don't decide. A security officer would be more analogous
to a defense minister.

Pedro.