incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: Converting the repo using mercurial's convert extension (was: OOO340 to svn)
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:32:53 GMT

--- On Thu, 7/28/11, Christian Lohmaier wrote:

> [1] Note that with the map, it would also be possible to
> reuse the old OOo-Subversion repo for the linear commits,
> after all the hg repo was a conversion from the svn server.
> This would save quite a bit of time.

I like this idea ... if the old SVN server is still available
and we can do a progressive conversion of the rest of the Hg
stuff we will save a lot of metadata that had previously been
lost (plus we save conversion time).

I suspect the original CVS stuff that was lost in SVN conversion
is gone for good by now.

Also, having the complete repository (with branches) in google
code sounds like a good approach.

Pedro.