incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Drew Jensen <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Population of ooo-security
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 06:52:11 GMT
On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 08:06 +0200, André Schnabel wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Am 28.07.2011 04:08, schrieb Rob Weir:
> > On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton<orcmid@apache.org>  wrote:
> >> Now that we've confirmed that the ooo-security list exists and the three moderators
appear to be subscribers, I believe the next action is to subscribe the existing OO.o/LibreOffice
security folk, per

> >> <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201107.mbox/%3c4E1AF3D6.8030709@oracle.com%3e>
> >>
> > -1.  This is the project's private security list, with only a subset
> > of the PPMC on it.  We should not have 3rd parties signed up on it.
>
> Afair, security was discussed as one of the areas where colaboration
> actually works - so nothing new to establish or discuss at large among
> the *stream teams.

Hi Rob, Andre, et al

It certainly seem to me that security is one place where collaboration
and cooperation not only trumps parochial concerns but also, and maybe
I'm mistaken on this last point but, that the actual resource pool of
qualified individuals has to be one of the shallower ones, so it's more
then just being neighborly, IMO.

To not take advantage of each communities resources pooled together in
this circumstance would seem, to me, to be doing less then due diligence
with regards to the user base, at least for the near term.

Just my .02 opinion,

Thanks

Drew Jensen