incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: single repository status
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 02:21:20 GMT
My 0.02$ here is:

- Git was already discussed and I think it's a dead end.
Apache.org is not a running git ATM and if we want to mirror
everything temporarily we should do it in Hg as it's not clear
Git will preserve all the history either. It's not clear
that Oracle is in a hurry to kill everything OOo until the
code has been transferred to it's new home though, so maybe
there's no need to push the panic button and we can do the
merging in orderly manner.

- I really think it's time to import something.. so someone
please move the Hg trunk to SVN and get started. We can look
for options for meging the branches later on.

- No report yet on bugzilla/JIRA? That's important too.

cheers,

Pedro.