incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: A first try to remove some copyleft components from the build
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 20:22:43 GMT

--- On Sat, 7/23/11, Malte Timmermann wrote:

> Having extensions separated from the
> source tree of the core product
> doesn't mean they can't be part of some installation set.
>
> This is just about packaging then.

Having the extensions in the same tarball usually makes
packaging easier, and as long as "configure" makes it
easy to enable/disabling them there shouldn't be any
problem.

I don't see good reasons for separating extensions unless
there are license issues or someone wants to make extensive
development, and in this last case Apache can have sub-projects
(like PyLucene).

I guess there might be special cases, but we will have to wait
until we have a first build to look at that.

cheers,

Pedro.