incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Meeks <>
Subject Re: ICU
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:45:35 GMT
On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 14:18 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> that is an interesting point: we currently ship binaries of C++ runtime
> libraries in the installation sets.

	One thing that escapes a lot of people's notice is that most C++ app
out there on Linux links vs. crt1.o crti.o crtbegin.o crtend.o and
crtn.o - which are injected by the compiler to handle bootstrapping eg.
C++ constructors & destructors Those are licensed under the GPL + GCC
runtime library exception[1] AFAIR. I guess others around Apache discussed
similar things before[2].

[1] -
[2] -
--  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

View raw message