incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: single repository status
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 04:30:47 GMT
FWIW;

When merging the branches most of the CWS information will be
lost anyways .. won't it? I have seen other projects using
subversion that take a snapshot and eventually update stuff
from trunk, but when the project is finished and merged back
the branch history is not viewable from the trunk, the
commit message is normally the only trace left.

Perhaps we should do a "simple" trunk conversion and identify
the branches that are useful to merge them one by one? We
could even set a schedule for branch merging and after certain
date just don't look back.

While here.. what tool are you using to do the conversion?
A quick look would indicate

hg convert --dest-type svn hgreponame svnreponame

would do the trick, but then some people just write scripts
for this:
http://qa-ex-consultant.blogspot.com/2009/10/converting-mercurial-repo-to-subversion.html

Pedro.