incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: Boost regex
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:47:24 GMT
Hi Eike;

--- On Mon, 7/18/11, Eike Rathke <ooo@erack.de> wrote:
> Hi Pedro,
>
> On Monday, 2011-07-18 07:57:02 -0700, Pedro F. Giffuni
> wrote:
>
> >> (1) boost/Regex_Experimental.tar.gz
> >> Should be unpacked and committed or removed.
>
> > I know we basically agreed ICU regex is the way to go,
> however,
> > I just read somewhere on the net that Boost regex will
> > become part of the latest C++ standard
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B_Technical_Report_1
>
> For Unicode, boost regex can be configured to use either
> the incompatible and less capable wchar_t type, or the
> ICU regex, see

Interesting, I still think that ICU is the way to go,
however if boost.regex is standard it does have it's
appeal.

> The Regex_Experimental stuff is very old, incomplete and
> probably totally outdated.

OK, just thought it would save some work to have it under
the grant, but if you say it useless then it's OK.

I wonder what Symphony uses, this may be something that
is already written?

Pedro.