incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: Apache CMS Workflow and a Key Question
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:31:43 GMT

--- On Mon, 7/18/11, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

> > So, all is not necessarily lost - but it does depend
> > on whether you want to reload the SVN repo.
>
> I don't know how you thought about CVS but the respective
> repo is already on SVN.

I am confused. Apparently (I am a newcomer) OOo has moved
from several VCSs:
CVS --> SVN --> Hg --> SVN (Apache)

In each conversion one necessarily looses some information.
Have we lost significant history during any of those conversions?

Perhaps we can take a previous SVN (assumming it exists) and
do the conversion progressively from there?

Just wondering though.. I am sure the people doing this are
taking their time for a reason ;).

cheers,

Pedro.