incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Lauder <yori...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Symphony contribution
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 07:31:35 GMT
On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 00:00 +0200, Rob Weir wrote:
> I'm sending this with my IBM "hat".

> I'm going to be speaking at the ODF Plugfest in Berlin Friday
> afternoon, and will be making some announcements.  I wanted you to
> hear this first, before anyone else knows.

Rob,

The smile on my dial right now would dazzle a blind man.  This has been
a fervent wish of mine since Symphony launched (As any IBM staffer who
was unfortunate enough to be cornered by me at whatever conf we both
happen to be attending, will attest.)

The Symphony UI is excellent and features many enhancements that I have
long wished for in OOo.  When you launched this ApacheOOo I had
everything crossed that OOo under an Apache license would bring IBM and
Symphony closer to the fold. Dancing about the place would be unseemly,
so I'll have limit myself to a round of applause. Excited would be an
understatement.

Cheers
GL

--