incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Extensions and templates site down
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 06:39:27 GMT
Raphael Bircher wrote:
> The site has a verry hight number of visitors. I think a CMS like Drupal
> is not a good choice for a site like thise. We need same thing self
> programmed only for this page.

This is not really a problem; again, the bottleneck was not Drupal. See
Thorsten Bosbach's presentation about this at OOoCon 2010
http://www.ooocon.org/index.php/ooocon/2010/paper/view/209 (video might
be online somewhere too; we had a nice long discussion worth watching).

The figures Dave Fisher wanted (by the way, thanks for getting the OOo
extensions site running again!) were given as around 120.000 page views
per day on each site, see above link. And the sites functioned smoothly.

After that, I know that Thorsten was porting both sites to Drupal 6 and
cleaning the Drupal 5 tweaks; as far as I know, work was done for both
sites, but only one production site (Templates) has been updated.

Whoever submitted an extension/template will have seen that the backend
was really customized to fit the use case, Thorsten did a nice job with
this; it would be nice to get the code of the Drupal 6 port as part of
the Oracle grant, it is really valuable.

Regards,
  Andrea.