incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2011 20:21:19 GMT
Ivo Hinkelmann wrote:
> I would also prefer that we just called it "OpenOffice.org". This brand
> is known everywhere and this is not a fork but the moved "original" OOo
> project.

Same for me. This Apache podling has many nice features, but its most
distinctive ones are:
- Participation of many Hamburg developers
- Ownership of the OpenOffice.org trademark

These elements of continuity can be very reassuring to users, and the
project communication should take advantage of it. If there is the
strict requirement of having "Apache" in the name, "Apache
OpenOffice.org" would be the natural candidate, but it still sounds
weaker than the well known "OpenOffice.org" brand.

Regards,
  Andrea.