incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: Migration, Bugzilla to JIRA
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 16:43:06 GMT

--- On Tue, 7/5/11, Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com> wrote:

> I'd like to explore the technical feasibility of migrating
> to JIRA.

+1

> I see this page here describing the migration from JIRA's
> perspective:
>
> http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/tour/bugzilla-importer.jsp
>
> This appears to require db admin credentials.
>
> Does anyone have experience doing this kind of migration?

I am sure infra@ has the experience.

I can't find it in the archives but someone in the list
offered to make available the bugzilla archive. We should
probably just make an experimental conversion and keep it
if things go well.

> And from the project perspective, I assume we want to
> migrate all issues, old, new, open closed, everything?
> And we must preserve IDs.

The priority is new open, but the most we can preserve
the better. I would expect all the code in there is
covered by the grant too, so we are probably getting a
lot of code that was initially rejected but is part of
some unnamed forks.

Pedro.