incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: OOO and LibreOffice.
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:19:13 GMT
In general I avoid commenting threads like this, as in my
POV the licensing differences are not surmountable..

--- On Mon, 7/4/11, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> > As each developer retains ownership of their code it
> maybe better to ask
> > on the developers list [1].  The SC has no
> control over the devs.
> >
> > [1] libreoffice@lists.freedesktop.org
> >

> Since Rob is asking the Steering Committee to make a
> statement, their list
> is the best place to do that.

I don't see much hope in that request, especially since
someone already mentioned the word "veto" if it ever
happens.

What I think could be done is to work out some mechanism
where LibreOffice developers can tag their commits as AL,
and that we can take those changes without anyone signing
an ICLA, but by the time that is arranged I doubt most of
the LO patches may apply cleanly, and for the time being
we do have a LOT to do to make the incubation successful.

Pedro.