incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: Some more strange files in the OOo code
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 03:32:21 GMT
--- On Thu, 6/30/11, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> wrote:
> > I think the first Apache release it will be a good
> > opportunity to do all the big API/ABI changes,
> including
> > this. I think we should also use lucene 3.2, etc..
>
> For my own education... what API we talking about here?
> Does OOo have some kind of published API for third
> parties to build on top of OOo?
> Or we we talking about subcomponents of OOo (like ODF
> handling) that third parties might use in their tools?

Neither of them, I meant the APIs of the components and
libraries we consume. hsqldb2, but also tomcat7, raptor2,
etc. These updates will also require changing some OOo
code too, but it will be something positive.

We still want to be able to use third party components
from the old OOo, so the OOo published API will remain
unchanged unless there are good reasons for changing.

Pedro.