incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Gavin McDonald" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 08:43:46 GMT

Actually, that is exactly what it is called. The project is officially called 'ofbiz' so
that is what the domain name is.

They can market their full name but the project name IS 'ofbiz'.

> Also, these rules seem a bit archaic, it should be accepted whatever makes
> sense. Domain names and brands are not the same thing, because domains
> have restrictions on itself... like this one.

When a project comes to Apache, they abide by the rules in place. They are
there for a reason. That is true of anywhere. There have been  exceptional
circumstances in the past , it remains to be seen if this will be one of them.

Gav...