incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Gavin McDonald" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 08:24:21 GMT
You misunderstood,

the project name becomes the subdomain name associated with the website

there is no project called ‘ooo’ so ‘ooo.apache.org’ will not be accepted.

Also, we would not redirect away from the *.apache.org domain, if anything, it
would be the other way around.

Apologies for top posting, one of the sins of replying to html email.

Gav…

From: acolorado@gmail.com [mailto:acolorado@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Alexandro Colorado
Sent: Tuesday, 12 July 2011 5:58 PM
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; gavin@16degrees.com.au
Subject: Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:41 AM, Gavin McDonald <gavin@16degrees.com.au> wrote:

> [...]

With domain names for ALL Apache projects coming under the
pattern of $projectname.apache.org how you propose that
would work if Apache OpenOffice.org is the project name?

(only openofficeorg.apache.org springs to mind if you intend to
keep org in the project name)

(And a shocking name that becomes imho)

Thanks

Gav...