incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Gavin McDonald" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: Blog Created
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 02:38:59 GMT

+1

All blogs at blogs.apache.org are official in that they talk about the project, they don't
wander off talking about some developers own thing etc etc...

They can talk about releases as extra exposure - folks often subscribe to RSS feeds
etc rather than keep looking to a website for an update. They can talk about what's
happening currently, they can announce a new committer, a new up and coming
feature or long awaited fix,etc etc..

What Dennis blogged IMO was spot on and a great start to the Apache OpenOffice[.org]
blog.

What Dave mentioned is also something some but not all projects do, and not all the time -

that is to draft a blog announcement for something, then post a 'preview url' to the (this)
dev list for opinions on changes/tweaks/etc before it goes live. That is ideally a tool on

improving, extending and typechecking the blog post rather than opinions to veto it .

HTH

Gav...