incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] <Initial Committer>: Apache OpenOffice.org Initial Committer Status
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 03:10:20 GMT
There are 20 Initial Committers on the OpenOffice.org incubator proposal who have not yet submitted
iCLAs or informed us of their intention not to do so.

Today I used the following format for a message to one of those Initial Committers.

Before 19 more of these are sent out I wanted to check how understandable this is.

I am particularly concerned for how clear this is for those who are not native English speakers.

I welcome your advice.

 - Dennis

*** specimen message ***

From: <PPMC member>
Sent: <today>
To: <Initial Committer lacking iCLA so far>
Cc: ooo-private@incubator.apache.org
Subject: <Initial Committer Name>: Apache OpenOffice.org Initial Committer Status

Hello <Initial Committer Name>,

You are listed as an Initial Committer on the proposal for the Apache OpenOffice.org incubator
project.

The incubator project was accepted by Apache on 2011-06-13.

As an Initial Committer you are invited to be established as a committer on the Apache OpenOffice.org
incubator podling. You are also invited to serve on the Podling Project Management Committee
after you are established as a committer.

The prerequisite to becoming established as a committer is to register an iCLA agreement with
Apache.

Our records indicate that no iCLA has been received from you.

If you do not choose to submit an iCLA, please report your decision to <ooo-private@incubator.apache.org>.
 We will then know not wait for it.

If you are submitting an iCLA, please report your decision to ooo-private@incubator.apache.org
and indicate how much time you need before the iCLA will be sent to Apache.

For more information and iCLA/CCLA forms, go to <http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas>.
 Complete instructions for submission of an iCLA is at the top of the form (text or PDF).

We welcome your contribution to the Apache OpenOffice.org incubator project.

 - the Apache OpenOffice.org incubator Podling Project Management Committee (PPMC)

*** end of specimen message ***