incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Suggestion for OOo branding...
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 22:58:35 GMT
+1

Evidently, the renderings that have been done are not attached to the post by the list server.
 Is there some place where we can look at them?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Wolf Halton [mailto:wolf.halton@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 14:53
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Suggestion for OOo branding...

Michael,
Might I suggest doing both-  colour-coding and some difference between the
icon symbol.. to assist those 20% of us who are colourblind to some extent.

Wolf

On Jul 21, 2011 5:43 PM, "Michael Acevedo" <vea1083@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Greetings to all developers of OpenOffice.org in Apache,
>
> I am writing to you to make a suggestion for the branding of
OpenOffice.org. After Oracle bought Sun they decided to simplify document
icons by changing the color coding to a unified blue color. This was a
departure for the previous color coding for OOo.

> Pre-OOo 3.2.1:
> * Blue Doc Icon - Writer
> * Green Doc Icon - Calc
> * Orange Doc Icon - Impress
> * Yellow Doc Icon - Draw
> * Violet Doc Icon - Base
> * Blue/Gray Doc Icon - Math
> Post-OOo 3.2.1
> * Blue ODF icons now represent all applications only the icon shape
varies.
> In my opinion although the unified version of OOo icons is nice, I think
that some users might confuse the icons if they look at a minimized version
of them if using the "List" view in Windows Explorer of Mac OS X Finder.

> In an effort to reduce user confusion, I would like to forward the
following suggestion. Rather than redesigning the document icons, why not
change the background color of the box that says "ODF" from blue to the
previous color that were used for each document icons that were created by
the different OOo modules. I have taken the liberty to do a rendering of the
finished product for your consideration.