incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: SVN tutorial
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 22:36:01 GMT
Kay,

<http://apache.org/dev/contributors.html#patches>

Is the description that you might be thinking of.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Kay Schenk [mailto:kay.schenk@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 14:02
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: SVN tutorial

On 07/12/2011 06:55 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> On Jul 12, 2011, at 6:49 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
>
>> I'll sign up for the basic SVN tutorial from Help Wanted if no one
>> has yet.
>
> Great!
>
> BTW - I have a TODO on
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html for how
> to create a patch.

OK, I have a question about this -- how to create a patch. Is it really
just as simple as running a "diff" on the original vs the new? I used
the diff process within eclipse when I submitted my "patch", and, even
though I *thought* I had tracked down this information on the Apache
site at one point, I couldn't find it again.

> Regards, Dave

MzK

"An old horse for a long hard road, a young pony for a quick ride".
                                   -- Unknown