incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject Uh oh: OpenOffice.org XML Namespaces and Sun Mediatypes
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 04:28:05 GMT
It just occurred to me that a place for some sort of common agreement, and publication of what
they mean, are the OpenOffice.org Namespaces.  I assume these "belong" to OpenOffice.org,
but governance of namespaces is odd business.  These are also something to coordinate with
the LibreOffice folk and others who use these namespaces for any purpose.  Most of all, they
need to be defined.

(This occurred to me reading about macro-recording in LibreOffice Calc, and it flashed before
my eyes that this is an implementation-dependent feature introduced by an (undocument as far
as I know) namespace binding:

Here is the bunch that tend to be spit out in the beginning of ODF files used within packages
as part of fixed boilerplate in the root element:

	xmlns:ooo="http://openoffice.org/2004/office"

	xmlns:oooc="http://openoffice.org/2004/calc"

	xmlns:ooow="http://openoffice.org/2004/writer"

	xmlns:rpt="http://openoffice.org/2005/report"

	xmlns:tableooo="http://openoffice.org/2009/table"

The URIs all generate 404s.

There are significant uses as in establishment of

	<config:config-item-set config:name="ooo:view-settings">

	<config:config-item-set config:name="ooo:configuration-settings">

where the attribute values are QNames and they introduce a pot-full of unqualified item names
that are specific to the QNames, above.

And then there are MIME media types:

	application/vnd.sun.xml.ui.configuration

for a subdocument "Configurations2/" in ODF packages produced by *OpenOffice.org producers.

There are other application/vnd.sun.... MIME media types in use as well.

 - Dennis