incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:56:43 GMT
+1

That works for me, conceptually.  I don't have any history with OpenOffice.org, the project,
however, so I intend to stay neutral on how this gets thrashed out.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Marcum [mailto:cmarcum@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 16:54
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)

It seems to me that a lot of the problem arises in keeping the
development project and the product brand names exactly the same.

If there are indeed going to to be 2 websites, OpenOffice.org which is
where end users go to get the product, help, etc. and the
<tbd>.apache.org where the development project resides.

I understand the need to maintain the product brand.

+1 to keep OpenOffice.org the product (at least near term).

I think the Apache brand strenthens the project development and that's
one reason I'm here.

+1 for Apache OpenOffice the project.

Looking at the people listing, it's possible not all members are here
because of OpenOffice.org the product, but common development of the
code base.

Best regards,
Carl