incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Differences between OOO and LibreOffice.
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:54:51 GMT
Got it!  Thanks for the clarification with regard to audience.

My suggestion is to talk about them being compatible for must usage and not mention standards
and metrics (like 100%).

I agree completely on advice to individuals.  I do the same with family members who only have
simple needs for productivity software but need to be able to interchange files for volunteer
work or something like that.

Regards,

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Lynch [mailto:ianrlynch@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 02:25
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; giffunip@tutopia.com
Subject: Re: Differences between OOO and LibreOffice.

On 30 June 2011 17:18, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:

[ ... ]

I wasn't thinking in a particular detailed way with the
original post, it was really just saying hey this end user asked which
product to choose. His main concerns I'm guessing would be are they similar
to use (almost identical), can I exchange files the same from and between
these products and others. (hopefully identically) and will any license
differences affect me (probably not)

[ ... ]