incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: An introduction and a discussion about the OpenOffice User Forums
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 21:31:26 GMT
I'm about to take a six-week break with minimization of duties not tied to two critical projects
that I must attend to.  So I am not raising my hand for further accountability at this point.

I'm not hacked off.  I am just surprised that it is not public knowledge.  I wasn't around
when the lists were being formed, so I had no idea what's involved and that includes human
effort.

<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pray_tell>

Probably not a good choice of phrase, though somehow "do tell" doesn't resonate.  More like
"please explain."  I forget that I am not in a place where English-language jargon works very
well.  Sorry.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Gavin McDonald [mailto:gavin@16degrees.com.au]
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 14:12
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: An introduction and a discussion about the OpenOffice User Forums

What does 'pray tell' mean?

Sounds like you are hacked off for not knowing who regulates the spam from
coming in to the mailing lists.

That is all a moderator does here, has no relation to a forum moderation duties
whatsoever.

That said, you are one of the busiest names around here and so a good candidate
for an extra moderator. Currently there are three (who randomly stuck their hands
in the air to be moderators at the formation of the lists). Three is a good figure and
four is not over the top for a list of this traffic.

Let me know if you'd like to help in this glamorous position and filter through the
genuine queries from the medical treatments and I'll make it so.

Gav...