incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject Questions: LAMP and PHPBB for OpenOffice.org
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 20:59:50 GMT
On ooo-dev, we continue to ponder how we can support the existing OpenOffice.org web site and
the subdomains thereof with minimal friction and maximum preservation of the accumulated material.
 Here is a thumbnail of what the objectives are:
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Transition+Planning> (with the
understanding that development-focused aspects would move, at least in part, to Apache locations
from the OpenOffice.org location).

Assuming

 1. That the OpenOffice.org domain lease is transferred to the Apache Software Foundation
 2. That sufficient volunteers come forward to support whatever the infrastructure support
requirements are, and
 3. There are no legal@ objections,

Question

 4. Is it technically feasible and acceptable to have, operating on Apache infrastructure,
the OpenOffice.org web site and subdomains as open public sites operating with software that
would otherwise not be very tasty on Apache (PHPBB which is GPLd and may have some customizations,
for example)?

I know that is very hypothetical in this form, but it is not worth navigating (1-3) unless
4 would work at the end of the day.

 - Dennis