incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject Ooo Hg to Apache Extras (was Re:OOO340 to svn)
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 18:35:13 GMT
I am assuming that the Mercurial repository(ies) [my mind can't grasp all of those Child Work
Spaces) will be as-is and therefore covered by whatever licenses and notices that are already
affixed.  [I am assuming this is analogous with LibreOffice acquiring the LGPL-licensed OO.o
code base for its own purposes.]

The SVN will be adjusted with LICENSE, NOTICE, and headers as appropriate to the situation
for that code and whatever can happen when an SGA is relied upon.

Another problem becomes determining what can be cherry-picked safely from the Apache Extras
as also-licensed to Apache and what cannot.  I suppose it depends on the way the (updated)
SGA is written.

I am going to operate from the assumption that it is not appropriate to cherry-pick the OOo
Apache Extra into the Apache SVN in any manner, although that code base can certainly be used
consistent with the license already applied to it.

Does anyone recognize a problem with that (i.e., something critical would be unavailable for
use by Apache OpenOffice.org)?

 - Dennis, reluctantly preparing to live with SVN, VSS, git, and hg altogether

PS: Does this mean that the OpenOffice.org bugzilla could also go to the ooo Apache Extra?
 That might be more important in the short run, while we figure out what we want to do with
that base and also determining what of it applies to Apache OpenOffice.org and what doesn't.