incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Local Website Development w/ Apache CMS
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 18:29:25 GMT
I can affirm that a Check-Out using the https works whether or not one is a committer.  On
my system, I did not need to provide credentials until I did my first check-in.

(Note that this is not true for private/restricted SVNs where one must offer credentials to
access them whether via check-out or web access to the repos foler.)

My pure speculation is that the https is specified in this way because of performance concerns
around all check-outs and updates being done via https.  I don't notice that, but the server
might.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: rabastus@gmail.com [mailto:rabastus@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Rob Weir
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2011 10:43
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Local Website Development w/ Apache CMS

Very nice.

But a question: I know that committers must checkout code via the
https URL in order to be able to later commit.  But is there any
reason why a contributor could not download via that same URL?  I
thought the authentication was only required at commit time.  If this
is true, that would simplify your instructions.

-Rob

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> I added a page to the website http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html
>
> This explains how to do website development for the project on your local computer.
>
> I added the page to the sidenav under Development as Website. There is a mention and
link on the Developer FAQ.

> Help is needed explaining the best way for a Contributor (non-committer) to provide a
possibly large patch. See the bottom of the page.