incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: When does one become a committer?
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 19:12:55 GMT
My sense is that no one is a committer for the Apache OpenOffice.org podling who has not shown
up on this list:
<http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#ooo>.  That does not happen until
after the Apache user name/ID has been issued by root@.

Likewise, one is not on the PPMC until having achieved that status, been invited to serve
on the PPMC, and shown up as a subscriber on the ooo-private@i.a.o list.

The veto principle is explained in the "Veto" entry of the Apache Glossary at <http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html>

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:apache@robweir.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2011 11:40
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: When does one become a committer?

After we vote in a new committer, there are several steps that follow,
including sending them an note telling them they've been voted in,
having them return an iCLA, waiting for the iCLA to be recorded,
choosing an Apache ID, getting an Apache account, etc.

At what point are they considered officially to be a committer?  For
example, at what point can they veto a code modification?

I'm trying to better understand the status of those who never complete
the above set of steps.

-Rob