incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject Requesting ooo-security Subscriptions: No Luck
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 00:02:30 GMT
Since the ooo-security list became operational, there have been a few requests to subscribe
to the list.

After the e-mail confirmation ceremony, applicants will be told, by the mail-list robot, that
the initiation of their subscription awaits approval by a moderator.

PLEASE NOTE: UNINVITED SUBSCRIPTION REQUESTS ARE NOT BEING APPROVED.  The moderators are ignoring
spontaneous requests for subscription to ooo-security.  That is, there will never be a reply
indicating that the subscription has been activated.

If you don't receive an indication that your request is approved, it is because it is not
being approved.

WHEN YOU ARE INVITED to subscribe, and you *subsequently* request subscription from an e-mail
recognized as yours, then your subscript will be activated as soon as the request is noticed
by a moderator.

 - Dennis

PS: This has nothing to do with Wolf's message below other than he mentions being on the list.
 That mention reminded me that our silence on a couple of subscription requests needs to be
accounted for.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wolf Halton [mailto:wolf.halton@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 12:18
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Population of ooo-security

"...something constructive..."

I am already a security expert, but I did not join up with LibO sec
list/committee, yet - I was busy with some other stuff.
I am already on the PPMC, and my committer's iCLA is already on file...
Self-submit to be on the ooo sec list.

Wolf

P.S. Email is almost the worst vector for serious discussion.  Amazing how
it can turn the crustiest rock-skinned technology wizard into a thin-skinned
cephalopod shooting ink about.
P.P.S. I almost have the ink cleared up around here.