incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Blog Created
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 01:59:56 GMT
Dang!

Well, I just jumped right in.

So, we want the blog to be the official voice of the project in some way?

Is that a requirement?  Is that what we want?  I thought that is what web sites are for.
Blogs have a different kind of voice in my experience.

I have lots of outlets for blogging, and I could always create an Apache-oriented RSS feed
for aggregation, although probably not, since it doesn't seem like that much fun.

Ah well,

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2011 15:39
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Blog Created

Gavin, Thanks!

There is a page that describes how to prepare and preview a blog post. [1]

Authors should read this and begin to put together our announcement.

The page states "A typical process is to create the blog post, set it up to publish in 3-4
days via the "Advanced Settings", then post the modified preview URL to your dev@ list with
the anticipated publish date for lazy consensus."

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/blogs.html

Regards,
Dave