incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some more strange files in the OOo code
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:02:20 GMT
Le 29/06/11 23:05, Pedro F. Giffuni a écrit :

Hi Pedro,

I was particularly wondering about this one :

> Name			Version	license
> __________

> mysql-connector		1.1.0	GPL

The connector-c package from Mysql containing the libmysql library is
released under GPL2, at least that is what is says in the copy I have.

It says here:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html

that neither GPL2, nor GPL3 for that matter, licensed material is
acceptable to be linked or included in ASL code.

Oracle owns Mysql, so one would have thought that in theory this code
could also be granted to the ASF - however, it appears that that is
still uncertain, since as you rightly point out the list given is silent
on the licence information.

Alex