incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Naming of trunk and feature branches
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:39:25 GMT
On 29.06.2011 15:03, Greg Stein wrote:
> Branches can be named whatever we'd like. My own preference would be
> to call this: /branches/3.4.x
>
> The "OOO" is awfully redundant, and the last digit ("0") doesn't make
> sense since we would be releasing patches from the branch such as
> 3.4.1. The "3.4.x" naming is used by many products, and it has worked
> out very well.

it wouldn't be a surprise to me if the reason for the "OOO340" name
would be that it has to be exactly 3 letters followed by exactly 3
digits, or otherwise some tooling breaks.

for example, the 2.4.x CVS release branch was called OOH680 (what the
heck does that mean?)

indeed, why not "3.4.x"

--
Q: How many Prolog programmers to change a lightbulb?
A: no.