incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Getting to our first build
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:23:41 GMT
On 29.06.2011 11:58, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 04:26, Mathias Bauer<Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net>  wrote:

>>> We would do this. We have all the access that we need (open source, yay!)
>>>
>>> I've started on a script to create this (local) Hg repository. See
>>> tools/dev/single-hg.sh for my first bits. I'm trying it out now, but
>>> it is probably going to take a while to run :-P  (I also have no idea
>>> about CWSs)
>>
>> Did you clone the repo at
>>
>> http://hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO340?
>>
>> This is the one we should use.
>
> As you can see from the script, it is designed around DEV300.
>
> I thought we wanted the latest development branch?

actually no CWS was integrated on the development DEV300 after the
release OOO340 was branched off, while on OOO340 release relevant CWSes
were integrated.
so OOO340 contains the latest and greatest stuff.

>> Pulling the CWS should be faster: create a local clone of your existing repo
>> for each cws and pull from the CWS repro at hg.services.ooo. This will pull
>> only the change sets not in your local repo and create a second head
>> revision in it. This revision could be moved over to svn or you could create
>> a patch from it against whatever version that is on the hg repo.
>
> Ah! That's and awesome improvement. Thanks. I'll incorporate that into
> the scripting.
>
> I don't think we want patches. I continue to believe we want a single
> Hg repository with "everything", and we convert that to Subversion,
> and then load it into svn.apache.org.

if it is possible to convert HG heads to SVN branches, that would be the
way to go.

i still think it makes sense to go a step further and actually merge all
finished CWSes into OOO340 using HG first, because that is by far the
easiest way and doesn't have any technical pitfalls.

--
"The evolution of languages: FORTRAN is a non-typed language.
  C is a weakly typed language.  Ada is a strongly typed language.