incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User facing web items - IP concerns
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:20:57 GMT
Le 18/06/11 19:43, Dennis E. Hamilton a écrit :

Hi Dennis,

> My nosing around so far leads me to believe that this is like the response to the Facebook
"relationship" question: "It's complicated."  Until Facebook, I had no idea how many people
said that about their relationships.

> Some sites have explicit CC-share-alike content, some have code that is apparently derivative
of the OpenOffice.org LGPL3 base, and Sun/Oracle made a mess of the licensing used on and
around the openoffice.org site, including a terms of use that defaults a permissive license
that apparently not many people had ever seen or knew existed.

> I signed up on the wiki.services.openoffice.org wiki just the other day and I saw no
indication of the terms of use, just the lame wiki copyright page.

> In addition, as Jean Weber points out, the on-line user documentation does have explicit
copyright notices.

> Hmm, I haven't nosed into the forums.  Or the bugzilla either.  Well, it's complicated.

You have a point. I know that on the OOo French native language project,
for example, documents have been published in the past under the Gnu
Public Documentation Licence (PDL), the Free Documentation Licence, and
I think also various shades of CC.

Alex