incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: An svn question
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2011 21:15:05 GMT
On 23.06.2011 19:15, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> But now I recognized that this idea was based on the wonderful feature
> that the "git extended" diff format offers. It allows to have file
> removal, addition or renaming (that includes moves in the tree) or file
> attribute changes in the diff and by using "hg patch" (and not the patch
> command of the OS) all these changes apply nicely in the target repository.
>
> I didn't find a support for this in svn, but maybe there is something
> similar or comparable we could use.

just found this:
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.7.html#patch

"svn patch will apply unidiff changes to existing files just like third
party patch tools. It will also add newly created files to version
control, and delete files and directories which are left empty after
patching."

seems like this patch format is finally supported in SVN 1.7.
pity that 1.7 doesn't seem to be released yet :(

> Another option would be to commit the initial source code (the code that
> is directly retrieved from the software grant from Oracle) into a local
> Mercurial repository, add all the patches and then convert this into an
> svn repository.

hmm... perhaps we could first merge all CWSes that are
nominated/finished anyway into the HG OOO340 repo, then import the
result into SVN...

would probably reduce the pain somewhat :)