incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Some more strange files in the OOo code
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2011 20:55:35 GMT
On 21/06/11 16:58, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> So indeed nothing the LO developers have done has observably improved
> the overall performance. The great thing the LO developers did is the
> code cleanup. It doesn't make the application faster, but handling and
> understanding the code is improved. Perhaps it also helps with the
> library rearrangement.

you are overlooking one thing: as part of their code cleanup, the LO
people have apparently removed the FASTBOOL type.

personally i think that the replacement of FASTBOOL by not-so-fast
ordinary standard bools probably has slowed down LO sufficiently so as
to cancel all the performance improvements they have done.

in fact wasn't it the case that in order to ship OOo to certain
countries we needed a special export permit from the US government
because FASTBOOLs were so terribly fast that they could be considered
weapons-grade booleans?

tongue planted firmly in cheek,
  michael