incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: ODF Toolkit Incubation Pre-Proposal
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 00:20:10 GMT

On Jun 27, 2011, at 5:13 PM, Kazunari Hirano wrote:

> Hi Sam,
>
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>> The original acronym was intended as a joke:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_POI#History_and_roadmap
> Oh, Wow!, I love it, and I see why, I am reading
> http://poi.apache.org/ through, but I can't find the explanation.

The wikipedia did explain why we took it off it an accurate way. The 10 year anniversary is
coming up and I'll make a note about putting that back up.

The email link on the wikipedia page is not to the real flame war that happened over OSP and
OOXML. And I would really not want to repeat that experience. So, I'll let Andy have it his
way.

Regards,
Dave