incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: User facing web items
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:03:56 GMT
Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)

On 18 Jun 2011, at 18:34, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> Ross,
>
> Drew had a long description. If that gives you any clarity.

It does now I've read it more carefully, thanks (and to Drew)

>> Can you please clarify the legal status of the content on the forums?
>
> This is apparently the license: http://openoffice.org/terms_of_use

I think this ought to be discussed on legal-discuss, specifically 3a which indicates "some
materials" may be under terms different to these, and 4c which gives a right to sublicence
but not a copyright grant, thus we can't relicence. 4e indicates that some "projects" might
be under different terms requiring a CLA.

As ever (for me) reading the T&Cs give me more questions than answers.

Ross

> Here is what Zoltan wrote:
>
> On Jun 18, 2011, at 7:11 AM, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
>
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> 2011.06.18. 15:46 keltezéssel, Andy Brown írta:
>>> Hi Zoltan,
>
> snip.
>

>>> Good to see you here. :)  Terry and I have been in contact an he corrected me
on his role as Admin.  He also told me that the license for the Forums is Copyleft which,
if I understand correctly will prevent them from being on ASF servers.  If they are part of
the grant then I guess that could change.  I am looking as some alternate options in case
ASF can not host the forums.
>> The forums have link to the terms of use: http://openoffice.org/terms_of_use
>> This link was on all the time while the forum runs.
>> For my best knowledge, never was problem wit that.
>>
>> Now it is contain ASF 2.0 license for codes, I see no problems to licensing.
>> Usually no source codes submitted to forums.
>>
>> Zoltan
>

> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> We've been told code is Apache licensed, but what about the content?
>>
>> This same question applies to the content on the user mail lists (asked about elsewhere
in this thread).

>> Ross
>>
>> Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)

>>> Thanks for the reminder.
>>>
>>> As for explanations the Apache podling and committers are still getting organized.
The project website is just there and we had our first commits in our SVN repos just last
night - the website. We are waiting on Wikis. Haven't decided on Bugzilla vs. JIRA ...