incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Community and Developer Wikis Now Available
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 06:24:25 GMT
Hi,

Le 21 juin 11 à 00:13, Dave Fisher a écrit :

>>> Anonymous viewing is allowed.
>>>
>>> In order to create content sign up for a confluence wiki account
>>> at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/signup.action
>>> If you have an apache.org email address it is easiest for us for
>>> you to use it for the wiki.
>>>
>>> The Community wiki is for everyone.
>
> The community wiki is the perfect place for the Education Project.

One main goal of the Education Project was to provide code, as
OpenOffice.org developer myself.

>>> The Developers wiki is for project planning and documentation.
>>> Permission to create content must be limited to the Podling PMC,
>>> OOo committers, Foundation Members, and those who have signed an
>>> ICLA (http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt). To be authorized,
>>> once you have signed up for the wiki, please request access
>>> rights by replying to this email with your ID.
>>

>> Are people willing to contribute to the developer wiki forced to
>> sign the ICLA ? Why if it is, as written above, for project
>> planning and documentation ?
>
> Anything that might become part of a release must be Apache
> Licensed. By signing the ICLA you acknowledge that you are
> contributing what you have the right to contribute.
> If you want to contribute, but don't want to sign an ICLA go ahead
> and use the Community Wiki.

Even for a wiki ?

I won't sign any *LA.  Sorry, I was wrong to believe it could be
possible to contribute without sign that.

> Think of it like this the developer wiki is behind the IP/Licensing
> Firewall and the community wiki is in the DMZ at a similar level of
> IP control to bugzilla, the mailing list and user forums.
> Sorry, the language was unfortunate and I should have explained the
> Community Wiki is the place for Community Planning.

No problem, I won't bother anymore.

Good luck with Apache OpenOffice.org

Eric Bachard

--