incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Top level question on website migration
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 19:05:27 GMT

On Jun 27, 2011, at 11:58 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 27, 2011, at 10:55 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

 For services
>> Oracle's

What is
>> "up"
>> available

rights on
I'm not
>> doing
>> have

>> wonder
SSI? Who

>> handles
>> the

>> of

>> at
>> we

>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/site/trunk/lib/view.pm?revision=1137122&view=markup

>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/site/trunk/templates/skeleton.html?revision=1137122&view=markup

>>> What about the rest of the questions:
>>> - Do/Will apache.ooo have SSI (PHP/Python/Ruby/Ruby backend)?
>>
>> This is a really good question, but apparently not. I think that there are
>> plenty of reasons for user support to require a dynamic server, but I think
>> that is a separate discussion. Rob's discussion about user support ideas and
>> your response has me thinking Open Social.
>>
>>> - What is the direction of this site?
>>
>> I think we build it and move it around. My thought is that we build the new
>> Apache OpenOffice replacement for openoffice.org at
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/www/ with the mdtext at
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/site/trunk/www/
>>
>> I think that the initial OpenOffice landing page is pretty nicely done.
>>
>>> - Who decided on this template?
>>
>> It was copied from another podling. Feel free to make adjustments under
>> lazy consensus.
>>
>> I did find the following:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/cms/conversion-utilities/cwiki/README.txt
>>
>> So, we can develop content on OOODEV and then convert it to markdown. This
>> would be good to know and test.
>>

> Should we just import the original OOo Theme?

Yes, but I think we should look first and then copy it.

> I am aware the difference CSS changes that would need to be made but this
> was done for MediaWiki and Drupal already. So I dont see any reason why the
> Apache cms (OOo@Apache) wouldnt.

I don't see why it couldn't be done with Confluence as well. If you would share the current
OOo template and css code in the confluence wiki as attachments or inline via {code} blocks,
we can compare with the simple template already in place and then convert.

Regards,
Dave

>> Regards,
>> Dave