incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Product Roadmap: made by whom ? was: Re: [discuss] remove of binfilter module
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:51:40 GMT
Hi,

Le 16 juin 11 à 18:39, Martin Hollmichel a écrit :

> Hi Sam,
>> Do you have a concrete proposal?
> yes, I have.
>
> First, I do not have any problems with the Apache style of decision
> making, lazy consensus sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I like that
> style. This fits perfectly to the "meritocracy" principle.

[...cut...]

> I think this principle may get enhanced by enabling a non profit
> organization to have their own resources on a project (This might fit
> into the Apache philosophy considering this organization as an
> contributing institution).

For the record, EducOOo ( http://www.educoo.org) is a non profit
organization, OpenOffice.org dedicated : only based on donations, and
partnerships. We can accept donations from a lot of countries, since
based in Europa and so on. Currently, we only try to sale goodies,
and to help people attending events, but sure, better can be expected.

There is some missing english and other locale translation on our
site, but you can count EducOOo in the list.

Last but not least, we already created educoo.it ( http://
www.educoo.it ), educoo.es (http://educoo.es ), educoo.no (http://
educoo.no ) + some others.

Regards,