incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Top level question on website migration
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 18:54:20 GMT

On Jun 27, 2011, at 10:55 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 27, 2011, at 8:29 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

Oracle's
>> Apache,

>> on
>> order.
>> reasonable

>> parts
>> the
>> NO

>> template.

>> key.

>> can
>>>

>>> Sorry Kay, I know the Kenai layout, I was asking about Apache-OOo new
>> site:
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/
>>>
>>> I think this one is set up here:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/site/trunk/
>>>
>>> It seems to have some perl(?) scripts:
>>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/site/trunk/lib/view.pm?revision=1137122&view=markup
>>>
>>> Not sure if its using a framework or just random perl scripts holding
>> things
>>> somewhat automated. From what I see there are some Templates setup:
>>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/site/trunk/templates/skeleton.html?revision=1137122&view=markup
>>
>> That is the template. The css is here:
>> incubator/ooo/site/trunk/content/openofficeorg/css/ooo.css
>>

> What about the rest of the questions:
> - Do/Will apache.ooo have SSI (PHP/Python/Ruby/Ruby backend)?

This is a really good question, but apparently not. I think that there are plenty of reasons
for user support to require a dynamic server, but I think that is a separate discussion. Rob's
discussion about user support ideas and your response has me thinking Open Social.

> - What is the direction of this site?

I think we build it and move it around. My thought is that we build the new Apache OpenOffice
replacement for openoffice.org at  http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/www/ with the
mdtext at http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/site/trunk/www/

I think that the initial OpenOffice landing page is pretty nicely done.

> - Who decided on this template?

It was copied from another podling. Feel free to make adjustments under lazy consensus.

I did find the following: https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/cms/conversion-utilities/cwiki/README.txt

So, we can develop content on OOODEV and then convert it to markdown. This would be good to
know and test.

Regards,
Dave