incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Top level question on website migration
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:45:40 GMT

On Jun 27, 2011, at 1:31 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> [...]

Joe, thanks for setting the bar. It might be high, but I agree that if we (AOOo) decides that
we need to have a dynamic website as some type of support hub that we have a big task that
requires careful design and implementation.

If we had a webapps that sits on Tomcat would that help lower the bar, if only slightly?

Alexandro, I really like your ideas that you expressed about linking OOo users instantly to
a support network. Whatever might be developed by AOOo to do that will need to be very scalable.
And if we mean dynamic then we aren't discussing mirrors so much.

There is a lot going on with Apache Lucene and Hadoop and their many friends that could be
put to use to build an OOo user live QA / social network.

But now I'm getting BIG. Would you mind describing a few of the frustrations that you had
with Collabnet?

Regards,
Dave