incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: IRC Channel?
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 18:48:53 GMT
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com> wrote:

> I'll take your hint and update this on the incubator site, once I finish
> reading the incubator doc.

Prediction: you will have problems.  You will find the process to be
ugly.  If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.  Generally what
you will find is that if you get stuck, somebody will help you get
unstuck and then leave you to complete the work you are doing.

When I said ugly, the status page is still using velocity / anakia.
Large portions of the ASF site have moved onto a new CMS that Joe
wrote.  You are welcome to fix as little or as much as you like.

When I said you will likely have problems, yesterday I got stuck and
had to ask questions.  It was a silly thing: I had checked out the
source using the http:// version of the URI instead of https://.  This
means that the copy I checked out was read-only.  Yes, I knew better,
or at least once did, but it is also something I (apparently) tend to
forget as once I have a checked out repository I don't have to worry
about the URIs any more.

My point: don't be afraid to ask questions.

> Thanks,
>
> -Rob

- Sam Ruby