incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kazunari Hirano <>
Subject Can we release OOo_3.4.0 install sets and language packs? (was: Can we rationalize and formalize "a language project"?)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 01:15:32 GMT
Hi all,

I should have asked questions one by one.

As you know our binaries or packages or install sets & language packs
look like these
Beautiful, aren't they? :)

Now can we, Apache incubator project, release OOo_3.4.0
install sets and language packs soon?

If yes, when will they be released?

If yes, but we have to meet requirements, what are they?

If no, why?, what are problems?

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Kazunari Hirano <> wrote:
> Congratulations for incubator project!
> My first post to starts with some questions.
> First question, "Can we as an incubator project realease Apache
> X.X or 3.4 or whatever?  Or are we going
> to release it soon?"
> I think "release soon" is one of the most important short term goals.
> I, as marketing project coordinator for Japanese
> Language Project, have accountability because, as I told when I
> introduced myself to the,
> we have 4 projects such as marketing, quality assurance, translation
> and documentation projects, and these 4 projects have cooperated and
> worked so hard together to release stable quality
> Japanese and to promote in a number of ways that we
> have increased our user base.
> First I will have to explain "what happened to" to
> members of Japanese Project and many
> users in Japan.
> I am planning to post Japanese translation of the text of
> I have translated it up to the secretive NKRS computer system part now.
> :)
> Then the most important thing I have to tell them is "When new and
> stable Japanese will be released" or "It will not be
> released soon."  If it is not be released soon, I have to tell them
> reasons why it will not be released soon.
> To tell them the proposal and the reasons in Japanese I would like to
> have a Japanese page on
> Second question, "Is there any rule, like wiki page naming, to put a
> non-English page on the Wiki?
> I would like to create a Japanese wiki page and to do the other works
> like translation, localization, marketing and more as a team, which
> maybe we can call "a language project."
> Third question, "Can we rationalize and formalize a language project?"
> If we can, then can we, incubator project, make a
> procedure to apply and accept a language project?
> Thanks,
> khirano

Kazunari Hirano - Marketing Project Coordinator -
Japanese Language Project

View raw message