incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Subversion & Git (was: Proposed short term goals)
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 22:51:50 GMT
Sam, help me learn the system here.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 9:45 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> Whether I said it poorly or not, any statement along the lines of
> "some group needs this" without providing the resources to make it
> happen is not going to make it happen.

Greg has made clear that the proposal is not interesting, so I've not
pursued it further. But, independently of that fact, did I phrase my
proposal incorrectly?  I had checked directly with some of the LO developers
that the resources would be made available and they were willing to help if
the proposal was interesting, so it was not idle comment.

It is not a question of benefit of the doubt.  Anybody who wants to
> make a difference is welcome to participate.  The operative word,
> however, is "participate".

Help me understand here, Sam. Are you asserting that you do not consider the
contributions I have made so far in the Incubator to be "participation"?

S.