incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Invitation to speak at TransferSummit
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 22:46:36 GMT
On 29 June 2011 17:30, Ross Gardler <> wrote:
> I chair a conference in Oxford, UK called TransferSummit. The next on
> is in September (7/8). The conference is about open development and
> open innovation.
> I would love to have someone from the Apache OO.o team present the
> community case for Apache OO.o. That is, rather than a technical
> presentation I am looking for a justification for the move to the ASF.

I would like to stress that by "justification" I do not mean a
justification for the Oracle/IBM decision to move OOo here. I mean
justification for the ***individuals*** support of that move. That is
why is the speaker here contributing to Apache OOo. I expand on this
later in this thread.

Sorry if this has caused you confusion.

> There are other talks that cover the Apache Way, I'm more looking for
> opinion from the initial committers.
> I'm afraid we don't pay travel expenses, but we do cover a conference
> pass, two nights accomodation, gala dinner, breakfasts and lunch
> More info about the conference at
> (if anyone on this list thinks they have another killer presentation
> for such an event feel free to mail me)
> Ross

View raw message