incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Podling website
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 00:26:24 GMT
Our website link is:  http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/

Astute observers may notice that nothing is there.  I'd like to get a basic
podling web site up there ASAP, so we can put out the "welcome mat", have a
place to report status and accomplishments, list committers, etc.  As we get
an issue tracker up and other services up, they would be linked to from this
site as well.  This could transition into the TLP's website, or it could be
tossed out once we graduate.  In either case, I think we want something
there for now.

I've been reading through the podling documentation and I see there is some
relevant advice:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html

Essentially, the website must meet certain requirements for navigation,
content, etc.  We can use whatever tool we want to generate it, but Apache
Velocity Anakia
<http://velocity.apache.org/anakia/releases/anakia-1.0/>appears to be
preferred.  I don't have a strong preference, but it seems to
me that gaining some familiarity with that tool would be a generally good
thing for me to do.  So I can take a look.

We need to check the source and generated site into SVN.

Any objections to putting the web site here using Velocity Anakia?  Would
these directories conflict with anything that we are importing from the OOo
source tree?

/site/src
/site/gen

-Rob